Sam is currently hosting WWW Wednesday from Taking On A World of Words.
The Three Ws are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
1. The monk who sold his Ferrari – I am reading this at last after it has been on mind for ages. I like few ideas of practicing mind to improve life. I am implementing opposition thinking trait from this book and trying to be aware of my thoughts. However, I have some critical reviews on half way. I haven’t finished this book yet.
2. Raja Perigai is a historical fiction by the author Sandilyan. Some believes Arcot was the first one captured by British. But the author says, “British started capturing even before Arcot and our internal conflicts were the major cause that favoured the foreigners”. The book has two parts. The first shows the steps taken by both British and French to start conquering India and how Indian rulers also play along for the sake of their ruling and ego, standing divided favouring the foreigners. I have completed the first part of this book. I am still reading the second part.
1. Think Straight– Another Personality development category of book and this is second book by this author Darius. He provides practical ideas to increase our productivity by simple habits with consistency. He doesn’t speak of all the unknown rocket science. It’s the basic realisation and action he talks of. What I like the most is he honestly admits in this book that he has sold what people knows only which most people don’t admit. Quick read but to think and apply it for daily life requires effort. New thing from the book to me is Learning wall. I have been on that phase many a times but never knew why or when that happens. I learnt why I need a break and when.
Next on read list:
1. How to talk so little kids will listen – I found this book randomly on Kindle Prime reading. I thought why not give it a try and know if this book gives me something new to me.
2. 80/20 your life– Who doesn’t like to have more with less time and work…! The subtitle of this book provoked me to put it on the next read list. To curious to know what’ll be learning from this book.
Follow up for future updates…
Leave a Reply